March 3, 2013

Drugstore Review: Rocket Volum' Express

Maybelline New York: The Rocket Volum' Express mascara - $7.99

This is one of the best drug store mascara I've tried in a while. I have it in Blackest Black, and it does a great job for the price. Somedays it will flake and create that annoying ring around your eye, but it doesn't do it often at all! It does clump a bit, but not nearly as much as something like Falsies! I think Maybelline just makes really good mascaras for their prices, the other mascara I use by them is the Great Lash: Lots of Lashes mascara (which is one of my favorite mascaras)!


The wand doesn't look very interesting at all. I don't like a plastic wand as much as a brush-type wand, but it gets the job done, and that's all that really matters! I'm someone who buys a mascara based on whether the wand looks different to any other one I've seen, and I'm thinking I should stop doing that based on the results of this one haha. It's just a fat, rubber wand, but it does give you a lot of height. It doesn't give you any kind of thickness, but the Lots of Lashes does, so I think I'll just use both from now on.



Overall, I think I'd give this mascara 4 stars. It had a lot of pros, but it still had a few cons :/

xx

So, what's your favorite mascara? Have you tried this one? If you have, what'd you think of it? If not, what mascara have you tried recently?

xx

8 comments:

akmaomar said...

Its your eye in this picture?
very nice.. Do you have twitter account?

Regards,
AkmaOmar

Hola Bambi said...

This looks great xx

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to try this mascara for so long, I love Maybelline's products so I probably should!

I usually use both Maybelline falsies and Rimmel's sexy curves - they're amazing together!

GeorgiaX

Ajvn said...

I love maybelline mascaras :)) i would like to try this one cause it looks amazing !!

Xlovehappyx said...

i tried this mascara and didn't think it was that great for my lash type. and don't forget to earn daily entries in my GIVEAWAY ♥

Vicky said...

This looks amazing on you and you have certainly been blessed with long lashes, lucky you :) xx

Unknown said...

Such a good review! I've been wanting to try it for ages!
Aimee
Xoxo
http://littlelotusblossom28.blogspot.co.uk/

RosyChicc said...

Great review and amazing pictures hun! <33

XO,
http://www.rosychicc.com/

Post a Comment