March 25, 2013

Review: Chanel Velvet Top Coat

Chanel velvet top coat - discontinued

This is my absolute favorite nail polish! It was a Christmas present, and I love it so much. It's no longer available because it was limited edition, so I try to be frugal with it..

But let's be honest - it's not happening.

I use it over every. single. color.

I might cry the day I run out. Or the day I've used it so much to where it starts getting thick and sticky - IT HAPPENS!


This isn't even a review. It's more of a "If I could marry this, I would" post.


Okay, but being serious now. It is a clear top coat (I thought it was a black top coat until I opened it), and it just makes your nails feel really smooth and soft - like velvet!

 I don't usually use it over a black, I tend to wear more pastel colors and it looks really good over those. Sometimes I'll put a thin glitter top coat over them and then put the Chanel top coat over that and that gives it a really cools effect, because you can still see the shininess of the glitter, but the nail is still completely matte!

But I am completely dreading the day that it's gone, and hoping more brands will have their own velvet top coat by then.

xx

Do you know any other brands that make a velvet top coat? Also, what is your favorite top coat/ effect for nails??

xx

9 comments:

BeautyWonderCL said...

That looks so cool! Shame it's a limited edition :(

Monica x
The Total Opposite

Unknown said...

I came across your blog on another blog & I love it! Revlon does their own matte top coat that's in a clear nail polish bottle but I'm loving how your Chanel one looks!

xo, Llana
www.chicncoveted.com

Eleanor said...

This looks amazing I really want to try it, I love the look of matte nails!
http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

It's perfect! I have yet to see this one, I have a million Chanel nail polishes and they are one of the best. xx

Unknown said...

This looks amazing and so perfect!
Btw I saw your comment on my blog, haha! It's okay you wasn't following me but you are now:D yays! xxxx

Heather Nixon said...

LOve the effect - I will have to get a matte topcoat :) x


www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

celyneglam said...

great photos,
great blog!


Do you want follow each other?


xoxo


www.celyneglam.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love this! I'm so gutted that it's limited edition. I'm on the hunt for one from another brand.

Kirsty, xo
- Clothes, Shoes & Boys with Tattoos

Silvia said...

Love this nail polish!!

http://silviabudvey.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment